We know what you are thinking – Here comes the legal jargon. Click. But not with Cambio. We think you deserve better. We have the legal jargon (and please read it) but want you to understand it.
- With your Cambio™ membership, we give you a chance to break free and build credit by using your Cambio™ Card and our interactive financial management and education services via the Cambio™ app.
- In exchange, you agree to pay any Cambio™ Subscription Fees.
- You are responsible for protecting your user ID and password. Don’t let your friends, strangers, family, or anyone use your information.
- You are responsible for any information you provide to Cambio via our app, website, or other member services. Don’t lie, be rude or inappropriate.
- Anything you access via our app or website (pictures, materials, content) belongs to Cambio or one of our partners. Don’t steal our stuff to make money. It’s not nice.
- Only use the Cambio™ app to access your member services. Don’t try to hack in to steal our information or other’s people’s information. It’s illegal.
- You can cancel your Cambio™ membership at any time.
- We are just like you, we aren’t perfect. We’ll make mistakes. Let us know and our support team will look into it.
Invite Only List
You must be 18 years or older to create an account in the Application. If you create a member account and become a registered member of the Application, you will set up a user ID and password as part of the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the user ID and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (“Member Data”);
- maintain and promptly update your Member Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
- immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
- notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your user ID, password, or membership.
You may not use anyone else’s user ID, password, or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of user ID, password, or account. Cambio cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
CAMBIO™ Reloadable PREPAID CARD
Upon creation of your membership with Cambio, your Cambio™ reloadable prepaid card (“Cambio™ Card”) will be shipped to you by USPS and should arrive within 7-10 business days. Your Cambio™ Card can be used to pay for purchases and set up automatic payments for your bills including essential and nonessential purchases/bills. Cambio is not a bank and does not itself take deposits. You will not receive any interest on the funds held on your Cambio™ Card. If your Cambio™ Card does not have enough money on it to pay for a purchase or bill, the transaction will be declined.
The Cambio™ Card is issued by Services Credit Union (“SCU”) and your use of the card will be subject to Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement as well this agreement. Your Cambio™ Card will have pass-through insurance by American Share Insurance as further detailed in the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement. Please see the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement for full terms and conditions applicable to the Cambio™ Card. In the event of any inconsistency between this Agreement and the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement, the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement shall govern your use of Cambio™ Card and your relationship with SCU to the extent of such conflict.
You hereby apply for membership in SCU and agree to comply with its bylaws. SCU will deposit $1.00 in your share account (the par value of an SCU share and the minimum balance required to open an account). The share account does not earn a dividend. A $1.00 dormant account fee may be assessed three (3) months after your credit card account is closed if there is no other activity. Your share deposits in SCU are insured up to $250,000 by American Share Insurance, a private share insurer. You acknowledge (1) SCU is not federally insured; and (2) if SCU fails, the federal government does not guarantee that the depositor will get back the depositor’s money.
By applying for and using the Cambio™ Card, you will also be subject to additional data sharing terms and conditions as provided for in the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement.
We may add, change, suspend or eliminate any or all Cambio™ Card related features and services at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law. We may terminate your access to any or all Services, including the Cambio™ Card, in the event you violate the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement or any agreement in force between you and us. If your Cambio™ membership is closed for any reason, any Cambio™ Card affiliated with your account will be canceled.
USE AND RESTRICTIONS
All text, graphics, images, user interfaces, visual interfaces, videos, articles, photographs, trademarks, algorithms, functionalities, features, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Application and Website is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Cambio, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
You acknowledge and agree that we may engage our affiliate or vendor to act as our agent and/or to perform certain services on our behalf for the Services, including without limitation to act as our agent in making withdrawals from funds on your Cambio™ Card to pay for the Subscription Fee or, if applicable, other fees associated with the Services.
When you register for a Cambio™ membership, you agree to pay Cambio promptly the monthly Subscription Fee (“Subscription Fee”). Subject to Cambio’s discretion to waive fees described in the section titled Discretion to Waive or Customize Fees below, the Subscription Fee is $9.99 a month. The Subscription Fee is nonrefundable and will not be prorated upon cancellation by you or Cambio.
The Subscription Fee covers:
- (i) all Services provided by Cambio;
- (ii) all Services provided by SCU in connection with your Cambio™ Card; and
- (iii) All the following fees typically charged by SCU in connection with your Cambio™ Card:
- Account opening fees,
- Monthly fees,
- Customer service fees,
- ATM cash withdrawal fees for up to two (2) withdrawals in a month on in-network ATMs in the United States,
- Value unload fees,
- Value reload fees, and
- Denied transaction fees.
The Subscription Fee does not cover the following fees:
If you do not use your Cambio™ Card for 3 consecutive months, a $3.00 monthly inactivity fee will be applied starting in the 4th month of inactivity. The monthly inactivity fee will be applied until the value of your Cambio™ Card reaches zero, or until you make a purchase or add funds to your Cambio™ Card.
Replacement Card Fee
You may get a replacement Cambio™ Card for $5.00.
A $35.00 fee is charged for express delivery for a Cambio™ Card.
ATM Cash Withdrawal Fees – United States
After your first two U.S. ATM withdrawals in a month, A $1.50 fee is charged for each additional U.S. ATM withdrawal in that month. If you use an ATM not in network, you may also be charged an additional fee by the ATM owner or operator.
ATM Cash Withdrawal – International
$1.50 for withdrawal and up to 2% of transaction amount for conversion fee
A $1.50 fee is charged for each international ATM withdrawal. A conversion fee of up to 2% of the international transaction amount is also charged. The exchange rate between the transaction currency and the billing currency is either a rate selected by Visa from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable processing date, which rate may vary from the rate Visa receives, or the rate mandated by a government or governing body in effect for the applicable processing date.
 The fees in this table are determined by SCU and subject to change at SCU’s discretion. Cambio will do its best to keep this table up to date in these Terms; however, the most current fee amounts can be found in the Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement.
Additionally, Cambio or any of its agents may charge a fee if a Deposit or the payment of any Subscription Fee fails due to insufficient funds on your Cambio™ Card.
Debit Authorization to Pay Subscription Fee
The normal way you will pay the Subscription Fee is by a recurring monthly ACH debit and electronic funds transfer that will deduct money from your primary Cambio™ Card. If Cambio is unable to collect your Subscription Fee via ACH payment from your Cambio™ Card, you authorize Cambio and/or its agents to suspend your account until enough funds have been deposited onto your Cambio™ Card. You authorize Cambio and/or its agents to initiate the recurring monthly debit from your Cambio™ Card. Cambio reserves the right to cease offering you Services if you revoke your electronic authorization. Other Fees for Specially Requested Services and Irregular Occurrences Fees that SCU may charge, in addition to the applicable Subscription Fee charged by Cambio, for specially requested services or irregular occurrences can be found in Services Credit Union CambioTM Visa® Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement.
Discretion to Waive or Customize Fees
The Subscription Fee is not negotiable. Cambio reserves the right to waive or customize the Subscription Fee or any part of the Subscription Fee at any time, for any period, for any Cambio member at its sole and absolute discretion.
Initiatives with Waived Fees
Cambio may, from time to time, elect to launch promotions or other initiatives whereby Subscription Fees may be waived, in whole or in part, for certain categories of members (such as, by way of example, students, beta testers, members below a certain age and/or military veterans). Any such initiative (i) may be expanded, narrowed, suspended, cancelled, or modified at any time by Cambio in its sole discretion, and (ii) will be subject to rules, guidelines and/or terms and conditions, if any, that Cambio determines in its sole discretion to apply in connection therewith (which rules, guidelines and/or terms may be included in website landing pages, on the Website generally and/or elsewhere). To the extent any such program or initiative is cancelled or terminated, Cambio will, after giving impacted clients notice, begin charging clients the then current Subscription Fees prospectively. You agree and acknowledge that Cambio shall have sole discretion in determining whether or not any existing member or potential member meets the requirements to participate in and/or benefit from any such program or initiative, and Cambio shall not be liable to you or any other party in connection with any such decision and/or in connection with the administration of any such program or initiative generally.
Promotions and Referrals
- using the Application, Website, Content and/or Services:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of Cambio or others;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial, or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code or take any other action that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Application, Website, Content, Services or of any related website, other websites, or the internet;
- to spam, deep-link, robot, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, page scrape or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to i) access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Application, Website, Services or Content, ii) in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application, Website, Services, or Content to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Application or Website, or iii) gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Application or Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Application, Website, or to any Cambio server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Application or Website; and/or
- probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of the Application, Website, or any network connected to the Application, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Application, Website or any network connected to the Application or Website,
- exploiting the Application, Website, or Services or information made available or offered by or through the Application or Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided on the Application or Website;
- interfering with or circumventing the security features of the Application, Website, Content, Services or any related website, other websites, or the Internet; and
- using your Cambio™ membership or the Services in a manner that we, SCU or any other electronic funds transfer network reasonably believes to be an abuse of the card system or a violation of card association or network rules, or for the purpose of earning rewards, miles, perks, points, etc. with your credit card, debit card, or bank account. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Application, Website, Content, Services or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Periodically, links may be established from the Application, Website, or Services to one or other external websites or resources operated by third parties (the “Third-Party Sites”). Cambio provides these links for your convenience only. In addition, certain Third-Party Sites also may provide links to the Application, Website, or Services. At no time shall any such inbound or outbound links be deemed to imply that Cambio endorses or approves the Third-Party Sites or any content therein. Cambio does not control and is not responsible or liable for, and does not make any representations or warranties concerning, any Third-Party Sites or any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such third-party sites.
Access to any Third-Party Sites is at your own risk. Cambio will have no liability arising out of or related to such Third-Party Sites to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law. Please review carefully the third party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third party.
Without limiting the foregoing, linking to the Application, Website, or Services is strictly prohibited absent express written permission from Cambio. In addition, framing, in-line linking, or other association of the Application, Website, or its contents with links, advertisements, and/or other information not originating from the Application or Website is expressly prohibited.
APPROVED THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS/SOFTWARE
WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
ALTHOUGH THE COMPANY MAKES EFFORTS TO PROVIDE AN ACCURATE APPLICATION AND WEBSITE, THE APPLICATION, WEBSITE AND ALL RESPECTIVE PARTS THEREOF ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS”, AND “AS AVAILABLE”. THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGING MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (1) AS TO TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ORDINARY PURPOSES AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, (2) THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE APPLICATION AND ITS CONTENT, (3) THOSE ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, (4) THE APPLICATION, WEBSITE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTENT CONFORMING TO ANY FUNCTION, DEMONSTRATION OR PROMISE BY ANY COMPANY PARTY, (5) THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE APPLICATION OR WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND (6) THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APPLICATION, WEBSITE OR THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE. ANY RELIANCE UPON THE APPLICATION, WEBSITE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND CAMBIO MAKES NO WARRANTIES. CAMBIO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE APPLICATION, WEBSITE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTENT OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION OR ANY CONTENT FROM THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information if any information in the Application, Website, Content, or the Services is inaccurate at any time without prior notice. Your reliance upon the information available on the Application, Website or located through utilization of the Services and your interactions with third-party users identified through the Services is SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Your interactions with other users or advertisers, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the other person or entity, and you agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or with respect to any other person’s or entity’s use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. If there is a dispute between you and any third party, we are under no obligation to become involved, and you agree that you will manage any such dispute or disagreement directly, and that you will not make any claims against us with respect to products or services purchased through your use of the Services.
Limitation of Liability
In no case shall Cambio, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable, and disclaim any liability, for any claim, loss or damage, direct or indirect, including, without limitation, compensatory, consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever in connection with, as a result of, or arising (I) out of the use of or inability to use the Applications, Website, Services and/or any Content; (ii) from any interruption in the availability of the Application, Website, Services and/or Content; (iii) from any loss of data and/or from any equipment failure; (iv) out of the procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from any problems with the goods, content and/or services purchased or obtained from the Application or Website, or transactions entered into, through or from the Application or Website; (v) from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (vi) from statements or conduct of any third party in the Application or Website; (vii) from any delay or failure of the Application, Website and/or Services arising out of causes beyond Cambio’s control; (viii) out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on, the Content and/or Services; (ix) out of any third party materials, information, products and services contained on, or accessed through, the Application or Website (x) out of any content, materials, accuracy of information, and/or quality of the products, services or materials provided by or advertised on Third-Party Sites; or (xi) out of any other matter relating to the Application, Website, Services, or Content.
Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. No action, regardless of form, arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by you more than twelve (12) months after the cause of action first arose.
In this section, we and you shall also be referred to herein as each a “Party” or together the “Parties.” The Parties will attempt in good faith to resolve through negotiation any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement. Either Party may initiate negotiations by providing written notice in letter form to the other Party, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The recipient of such notice will respond in writing within five days with a statement of its position on and recommended solution to the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved by this exchange of correspondence, then representatives of each Party with full settlement authority will meet at a mutually agreeable time and place within ten days of the date of the initial notice in order to exchange relevant information and perspectives, and to attempt to resolve the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved by these negotiations, the matter will be submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for mediation.
Except as provided herein, no arbitration or civil action with respect to any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be commenced until the matter has been submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for mediation. Either Party may commence mediation by providing to JAMS and the other Party a written request for mediation, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The Parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting a mediator from JAMS’ panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the mediation proceedings. The Parties covenant that they will participate in the mediation in good faith, and that they will share equally in its costs. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the mediation by any of the Parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys, and by the mediator and any JAMS employees, are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including impeachment, in any litigation or other proceeding involving the Parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the mediation. Either Party may seek equitable relief prior to the mediation to preserve the status quo pending the completion of that process. Except for such an action to obtain equitable relief, neither Party may commence arbitration or a civil action with respect to the matters submitted to mediation until after the completion of the initial mediation session, or 45 days after the date of filing the written request for mediation, whichever occurs first. Mediation may continue after the commencement of arbitration or a civil action if the Parties so desire. The provisions of this sub-section may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction, and the Party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, to be paid by the Party against whom enforcement is ordered.
If the matter is not resolved under the processes described above, the Parties hereby agree to settle by arbitration dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement. Such arbitration will be conducted by and according to the arbitration rules then in effect of the American Arbitration Association. An arbitration proceeding may be initiated by serving or mailing a written notice.
The Parties acknowledge and agree:
- (i) Arbitration is final and binding on the Parties;
- (ii) The Parties are waiving their right to seek remedies in court, including the right to a jury trial;
- (iii) Pre-arbitration discovery is generally more limited than and different from court proceedings;
- (iv) The arbitrators’ award is not required to include factual findings or legal reasoning and any Party’s right to appeal or to seek modification of rulings by the arbitrators is strictly limited; and
- (v) The panel of arbitrators will typically include a minority of arbitrators who were or are affiliated with the financial services industry.
Any award the arbitrator makes will be final, and judgment on it may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This arbitration agreement shall be enforced and interpreted exclusively in accordance with applicable federal law, including the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitration shall be conducted in Chicago, Illinois at a location determined by the American Arbitration Association. Any costs, fees or taxes involved in enforcing the award shall be assessed fully against and paid by the Party resisting enforcement of said award.
Last updated: May 27, 2021